Straight teeth, no braces
You don’t need metal or wires to straighten your teeth. Thanks to this clear aligner treatment method that is Invisalign, you can achieve a beautiful smile without anyone knowing you’re having treatment.
How does this discrete treatment method work to create the smile you’ve always dreamed of?
Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic removable aligners to gradually straighten your teeth. By combining 21st century orthodontic technology with precision and accuracy, our specialist orthodontists can customise an Invisalign treatment plan for you.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign aligners work by moving your teeth into a straighter, more attractive position. This happens gradually over the course of your treatment and without anyone knowing. Because the aligners are virtually invisible, noone will be able to tell you’re having treatment.
Everyone-to-two weeks you will need to change to a new set of aligners which builds on the work of the previous set. At your orthodontic appointments, you will be given sufficient aligners to last 8 to 10 weeks.
Every person has a unique set of teeth and a unique orthodontic problem to solve. This means the time treatment takes depends on the severity of your orthodontic problem. Invisalign is a highly successful treatment method which can correct a range of issues. If you need minor correction, you could see results in as little as three months. Major orthodontic work with Invisalign takes approximately 12 to 18 months.
Invisalign is a medical device. You should always read and follow the instructions for use and the instructions of your treating orthodontist.
Who is Invisalign for?
Invisalign is a suitable orthodontic treatment method for patients of all ages, children, teens and adults.
- Invisalign for children:The Australian Society of Orthodontists recommends children have an orthodontic consultation between the ages of 7 and 11. This is in addition to regular appointments at their family dentist. A common type of treatment in children at this age is Phase 1 treatment, which helps prepare a child’s teeth and jaws for orthodontic treatment in their teenage years. Invisalign First aligners have been designed specifically to treatyounger patients and successfully reduces the amount of orthodontic treatment children require in the following years.
- Invisalign for teens: Teenagers and braces go hand-in-hand. For many teens, having orthodontic treatment is just part of being a teenager, but that doesn’t make it cool. Until now!Invisalign means teenagers don’t have to worry about what they’ll look like with braces, because they won’t be wearing any. Instead, they can have treatment to straighten their teeth and achieve a beautiful smile without friends, teachers, or even their girlfriends knowing! What’s more, Invisalign treatment doesn’t impact on a teen’s lifestyle. The aligners can be removed for playing sports or musical instruments, social occasions, such as a prom, and for photographs. Teens just have to wear them for 22 hours per day to optimum results.
- Invisalign for adults: Invisalign is a popular treatment among adult patients and for good reason. The virtually invisible aligners mean orthodontic treatment won’t impact on a patient’s appearance, leaving them with renewed self-confidence that their appliance isn’t noticeable to others around them. This makes Invisalign an ideal teeth straightening method for adult patients in client facing jobs, such as retail and air travel. The removable aligners also come with the added benefit that they could be removed for important business presentations or public speeches.
5 benefits of Invisalign
- Discreet treatment: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible so you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. They’re also removable, so you won’t have to change your lifestyle while having treatment. You can still eat and drink all the foods you enjoy.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners have no metal brackets or archwires to cause irritation to your mouth. This means they are extremely comfortable to wear. What’s more, no metal or wires means you won’t need as many appointments with your orthodontist as there are fewer adjustments needed.
- Easy to clean: Traditional metal braces can make it difficult to floss and brush properly, which can cause decalcification. This can lead to unsightly marks on your teeth and possibly even decay. Because Invisalign aligners are removable, you can brush and floss normally, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Less risk: To move teeth, force needs to be applied. One of the problems that can arise from this is root resorption. This condition refers to the breakdown of the root of a tooth and could lead to the loss of the tooth. Because the forces exerted by Invisalign aligners are more gradual than those applied by traditional braces, early indications are that Invisalign treatment exhibits a much lower rate of root resorption.
- Safer on teeth: When traditional metal braces are removed from teeth, this has the potential to cause some of the tooth's enamel to be removed as well. Because Invisalign doesn't use adhesive to bond brackets to teeth, enamel scouring is not an issue.
Invisalign is a registered medical device. You should always read and follow the instructions for use.